The Warcraft universe (aka Warcraft franchise or History of Warcraft) is the game world, history, and lore created by Blizzard Entertainment, beginning with the seminal title Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. This page contains information about the official sources of Warcraft lore.
The computer games were the origin of the Warcraft universe, and continue to be its primary focus. Much has changed in the lore since Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, with each new release greatly expanding the world and revising some of the past lore.
Warcraft II expanded the world beyond the continent of Azeroth to include Khaz Modan and Lordaeron. The dwarves, high elves, trolls, goblins, and Burning Legion were introduced, as well as a host of new characters.
Warcraft III expanded the world yet again by introducing the continents of Kalimdor, Northrend, and Outland, a detailed backstory chronicling the creation of the world of Azeroth, and several new races including the night elves, the tauren, and the Scourge.
World of Warcraft has continued this trend by allowing the players to experience nigh all of the colossal world as no more than one of the many little players.
Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Edit
- Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
Warcraft II Edit
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
- Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal (expansion)
Warcraft Adventures Edit
Warcraft III Edit
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
- Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (expansion)
World of Warcraft Edit
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (expansion)
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (expansion)
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (expansion)
- Warcraft Archive
- War of the Ancients Trilogy - by Richard A. Knaak
- Cycle of Hatred - by Keith R. A. DeCandido
- Rise of the Horde - by Christie Golden
- Tides of Darkness - by Aaron Rosenberg
- Beyond the Dark Portal - by Christie Golden and Aaron Rosenberg
- Night of the Dragon - by Richard A. Knaak
- Arthas: Rise of the Lich King - by Christie Golden
- Stormrage - by Richard A. Knaak
- Short Stories
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found