Hi JohnnyLightning -- we are excited to have Video Game History Wiki as part of the Wikia community! Thanks for joining us, and we'd like to give you some tips to help you get started on making your wiki great.
Your first four steps: Edit
1. Create your User Page - this is a great place to introduce yourself (and practice wiki-editing!)2. Add a logo - learn how to create a logo image, then to add it to the wiki.
3. Create your first 10 articles - use the box on the right to create ten pages, starting each one off with a few sentences. For example if you are starting a wiki on a TV show, you might create an article for each main character.
4. Edit your Main Page - add internal links ([[like this]]) to the ten articles you just created, and any other improvements you can think of.
Once you've done these four things, you've created a great starting point -- your wiki looks friendly and ready for visitors. You can then invite some friends to help you create the next twenty pages, and expand the ones you've built.
Keep going! The more pages you create and link to each other, the sooner that others who are searching for "Video Game History Wiki" will be able find your project in search engines, read your content and join you in editing.
If you have more questions, we've provided a full set of help pages, or you can email us through our contact form. Don't forget to check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, organizing your pages, and more. Have fun!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
Hi, JohnnyLightning! Edit
I am Robot Master (did I do the link right?) and I made an article about OUR beloved NES. I am just using my phone to visit this site. I'm sorry but the article is not precise because I just used my observing skills to observe and record the specification. Also, since I am new and don't know how to style my article, I just used my primitive knowledge of HTML like and and
. Please improve it, and help provide others the knowledge about all our favorite consoles. I also want to have every Nintendo console, I played the NES of my cousin before, have the motherboard of a destroyed SNES, and the Project64 emulator for playing N64 games on my PC. I want to let you know that I will support you as long as I can and good luck, more power!
Reply by Kyle Alexander aka Robot Master Edit
I am trying to learn how to use wiki markup language. I want to help. And I assure you, no matter what happen, that I will be always here to help you build your wiki. It's just a shame that I use my cellphone with the UCWEB 5.0 WEB browser to visit and edit wikis. It's hard to make long articles because my phone hangs or restarts. I first tried to help in Wikipedia, but they refused because of the server IP of UCWEB, but since I can help here, I helped here. Oh, and you'll have Mega Man articles later in no time. Good luck! Robot Master 02:14, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
I made it! Edit
Hey, JohnnyLightning! I made it! This is so cool, did you start the wiki? THankz for telling me about this!PA<BOYCRAZ 17:01, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi again! Edit
Sorry, i just got excited. You know how I'm on Pac-Man Wiki and I know a lot about him, it's just that every time I join a new wiki, I get excited. SORRY PA<BOYCRAZ 18:13, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi i'm here! What's up? You want Pac-Man pages, I'll give you Pac-Man pages! PA<BOYCRAZ 21:44, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Hey im sorry i haven't been here for a while but theres been so much going on. You've made the coolest wiki on the planet, seriously! I improved some Mario pages! PEACE!!! PA<BOYCRAZ 15:16, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
Your sig Edit
- Hey, either way your signature is cool. I like the one you chose better. File:Blukoopa.gif PBCZ!!! File:Pacmansmall.png WikiChat File:Pacmansmall.png
I understand wikia made some changes, but i don't seem to be much of an administrator. I'm used to there being a sign on the header of a userpage that says "Block this user" with the block sign next to it. I hope my authority wasn't taken away. *~ DustyFoot PBCZ!!! - WALK N TALK!
Starting articles Edit
Articles in other languages Edit
Uraru kajugana or whatever his name is edits in german. the problem here is that english readers can't read this. Most of our sites visitors speak english and english only. ~ DustyFoot! PBCZ!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH
Categories and Templates Edit
When editing an article, you should put an image of the game so we have a good amount of proof of its existance and we know what it looks like. By the way, do you still edit on Pacman Wiki? TiBiT PacBBoyCraz(blah blah blah...)
VGH and mario Edit
Thanks for helping us make all the mario pages here. Do you still edit Mario Wiki and Pac-Man Wiki? Please come back, we haven't seen you for a while. We're looking foward to you're return. TommyC PBCZ!!! PacLand (PacManiac)
Hey im sorry i haven't been here to edit. Dang! My fingers are hurting i've been editing too much on Pac-Man Wiki! I'm like top admin now and i have to keep my title. We have two new users named Gex64 and Supergeeky1. Mobutu4 has returned. Dang, they're still hurting! I'm gonna do some editing now. I'm doing pretty good! TommyC PBCZ!!! PacLand (PacManiac)
- P.S. that thing you said about mobotu (WTF) was actually pretty funny! Ha! Sorry for correcting you.
Add images. We need some more proof and an idea of what the game looks like. But you are already pretty good.
PLEASE RETURN!!! Edit
PLEASE RETURN!!! WE NEED YOU!!!
- Thanks for returning! Why were you out for FOUR DAYS? I need your help oiver here and at Pac-Man. I've decided that once you continue to edit more and when The Forgotten Beast begins to edit more, I'd make you an administrator. I need some help there too. Also, do you still edit over at MarioWiki? I messaged you there quite a while ago. I'm sorry. I need help in a lot of places. Happy Halloween!
New logo Edit
Hi, I'm sorry I wasn't here often. I have many other wikis around here. You HAVE to see Pac-Man Wiki. We've really made it better! By the way, I just beat Iggy on Super Mario World 2! PacBoyCraZ My talk page P.S. Why aren't you using your sig template?
Sorry I Haven't Been Editing Lately Edit
I know I haven't been on lately (has it really been 13 days?) but I was just so busy with school and Modern Warfare 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii and Marvel vs Capcom 2 and all that stuff. I'm going to start an article on Marvel vs Capcom 2 (I love that game, even though I suck at it =P) tomorrow. --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect. 02:28, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
Cool userpage topic Edit
- I don't add fan stuff unless it's a fan wiki. You made me an admin, you can trust me. I'm only adding pictures and proper standards to the pages because you covered all the real stuff. Do you like Jak and Daxter? I'm more of a Ratchet and Clank guy, but I want J&D The Lost Frontier which was released last year for the PS2. The PS3 one is just a remake of the first I think. -- Tommy (My Talk Page) 23:51, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
It's been a long absence... Edit
I was busy with school work. I didn't notice how long I was gone. My bad, won't happen again. =] --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect. 00:47, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
I think it's time for a new featured article... Edit
Pac-Man's been up there for a while...I think it's time to nominate a new one. =) --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect. 20:56, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
Re: yeah Edit
I own none of the Jak games, but I want them. I'm more into Insomniac Games due to my itnerest in Spyro and Ratchet & Clank, my only Naughty Dog game is the first Crash Bandicoot for PS1 and I hardly play it. I own Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank and ToD and ACiT for my new PS3, and those are my only PS3 games, but I'm going to GameStop tonight so that may change depending whatever's there. What are your R&C's? -- Tommy (My Talk Page) 22:41, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
- You should create a new picture of yourself, the one you're using is getting old. Perhaps one of you playing your favorite game, that is what I'm gonna do! -- Tommy (My Talk Page) 02:12, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Cool new logo Edit
Glad you included Sonic in there =D Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is coming later this year! Is the time line weird or what?
- Sonic the Hedgehog = 1991
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 = 1992
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 = 1994
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4 = 2010
Re:LISTEN UP Edit
I'll help out, that sounds pretty easy! Expect it done soon, probably not today. But there are two game characters you forgot to add to your logo: Jak, and Pac-Man. Anyways, I'll help with that project now. PacBoyCraZ Talk Page 20:47, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
Really? =D Edit
Wow, thanks! =D I'll try adding more to the articles. Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.
- Hey, activity here is going to be rough, for I am extraordinarilly busy working on the Ratchet & Clank wiki most of my time. Anyways, responsibility is going to be plain easy as it has been since September or November when I joined this wiki. I'll give it my best shot, and I'll try not to make as many talk or user page edits. PacBoyCraZ Talk Page 01:40, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
- On Spyro's page you said in the trivia that Crash and Spyro were made by the same company. I can see the confusion because the games are oftened confused or put together. Insomniac Games invented Spyro in 1997, and Crash was invented by Naughty Dog in 1997 after the release of Spyro because they wanted ot make a similar game and made a lot of money as well. Later on when Insomniac Games gave Spyro to another company, they moved on to work with their new project, the Ratchet & Clank series and Naughty Dog again developed a similar game called Jak and Daxter. This game also teamed up with Ratchet & Clank like Spyro and Crash. I can understand your confusion. Just letting you know some of my history, I'm a fan of all four game series, mostly Spyro. PacBoyCraZ Talk Page 02:02, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
I've uploaded a favicon. Sometimes it can take a day or two for it to show up. See Help:Favicon. To change the theme, visit special:preferences and you'll see a few different color options. You can also change these themes if you want to use CSS - see Help:Customizing Monaco. If you need any help, feel free to contact staff. Angela (talk) 07:07, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
Lookin' good Edit
Hey, Smith! What's up? The theme here is expert! Looks like Angela did a great job here. I'm gonna be here more, I'm very stressed due to school work and my activity on other wiki's, the Ratchet & Clank wiki in particular. P.S. Do you have any of the Uncharted games? PacBoyCraZ Talk Page 01:19, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, I'm very good at editing the monacco. I noticed you used a similar theme as the Sonic News Network! Just a different background makes all the difference and makes it unique, very nice touch. Did you see what The Forgotten Beast and I did to Pac-Man wiki? Very nice, huh? And I'll help by adding a vacation template sometime to show that someone may not be as active as they usually are. PacBoyCraZ Talk Page 01:13, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, sorry, I'm back Edit
Yeah...sorry about that. I'll do some more editing around here =] (PS--the wiki looks awesome--very professional =D) --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.
For the Street Fighter II article, can I...say...make seperate articles for Hyper Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter II, etc.? The original SFII article could be left the way it is, but I just want to add something like see the main article for the game here or something. This isn't important, just a request =] --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.
Couple of Questions Edit
I've just been curious about a few things for awhile...
- 1. Do Game & Watch games count? They seem to be like one console, but one game per console. So would there be one page for every Game & Watch game, or a page for each Game & Watch game?
- 2. Do remakes with notable differences from the original count as different games? For example, Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut, Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition, Link's Awakening DX, Sega Ages 2500 Volume 16: Virtua Fighter 2, etc.
- 3. Let's say there's a game (Chrono Trigger, for example) that, in its original release, it was released for the Super Nintendo. But, later on, it was released in a compilation for the PlayStation (Final Fantasy Chronicles) along with Final Fantasy IV. Would the platform PlayStation be added to the platform section of Chrono Trigger, or would it just be left at SNES?
- 4. Do downloadable games (WiiWare, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, etc.) count?
- 5. What about Sega Pico games? The Sega Pico wasn't much of a console, but you gotta give it credit for trying.
- 6. Lastly, there was a special Virtua Fighter sub-series called Virtua Fighter Portrait Series. It wasn't a game per se--each character had their own disc for the Sega Saturn. All that was on the disc was a bunch of different pictures and poses of the character (hence the title "Portrait Series"). If you collected all discs, you could send in proof and get a special Dural disc. Really, that was all there was to it. So would that be considered a game? If so, would a separate page for each character be reasonable?
I think that's all I wanted to ask. Yeah, I know, "couple of questions" is misleading. And I know some of my questions may be hard to understand, but I suck at putting questions into words. X( Thanks in advance. =] --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.
For the answers and the bureaucrat thing. Creating templates for the games will be no problem. =) --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.
- You like Halo? I didn't know that. Do you play it on PC or Xbox? --Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.
New pages Edit
If i make more than 50 edits on this wiki do i become an admin, this is true right?. Neffy545 03:17, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
It's UxieLover from the Spyro wiki. Gracias for inviting me here. We should have a better featured video, y'know!
This is Spyro's Dance: Seymour Boss Theme (FFX). It has scenes from both Kingdom Hearts II and Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!. Is this a good video to be featured? UxieLover1994 12:17, August 22, 2010 (UTC)