The Sims: Livin' Large, also called The Sims: Livin' It Up in the United Kingdom, is the first expansion pack released for The Sims on August 27, 2000. It is also packed in The Sims Deluxe Edition along with The Sims.
- Concoctinator Chemistry Set: With this, your Sims can make potions while gaining logic points, different potions will have different effects.
- Antique Lamp: Allows your Sims to take a risk to see if their dreams will be granted by the genie who lives inside.
- Crystal Ball: You can answer its riddle to change your Personality, or simply gaze into the future.
- Vibromatic Heart Bed: Your Sims can now get intimate under the covers and perhaps get a new family member.
- Telescope: Take a look at the night sky and possibly even meet aliens!
- Servo: With this expensive item, you can send the robot inside to do chores. Fire all your maids, butlers and gardeners!
- Sunny the Tragic Clown: This infamous NPC will come to life from a painting if your Sims are unhappy. He will not let your Sims sleep and do tricks. You can simply sell his painting or call in the Clown Catchers to get rid of him.
- Grim Reaper: This horrible NPC will come to fetch your Sims' soul if he or she dies. You can, however, play rock-scissor-paper with him and see if you can win the dead Sims' soul back.
- Santa Claus: If a Sim prepares a plate of cookies near a Christmas tree and a fireplace, Santa Claus might visit if all Sims in the household are asleep by midnight and leaves presents under the tree.
- Genie: If a Sim rubs a magic lamp a Genie will appear and grant them a wish, with good or bad consequences.
New Building ThemesEdit
- Rustic turn-of-the century houses
- Garish Vegas-style lounges
- Medieval castles
- Retro/sci-fi "Homes of the Future"