Ratchet & Clank is a series of video games starring the characters Ratchet and his partner Clank, with other bit characters reappearing such as The Plumber, Dr.Nefarious, Emperor Tachyon, and Captain Qwark. The games have only been released for Sony PlayStation consoles so far, and are set in a science fiction setting.
As for the game play of the series, you control either:
- Ratchet: Controlling Ratchet usually requires you to complete platforming segments, combat segments with bizarre weapons, or short mini-games related to the platforming and combat segments. Ratchet is the character you control for the majority of any game in the Ratchet & Clank series. The sole exclusion to this is Secret Agent Clank.
- Clank: Controlling Clank usually requires you to solve some type of environmental puzzle in order to complete the level and involves simple combat. The sole exception to this is Secret Agent Clank where stealth has more emphasis than combat or puzzle-solving.
- Captain Qwark: Captain Quark is only a playable character in Secret Agent Clank.
Games in the SeriesEdit
- Ratchet and Clank (released on PS2 in 2002)
- Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (released on PS2 in 2003)
- Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (released on PS2 in 2004)
- Ratchet: Deadlocked (Released on PS2 in 2005)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (released on PSP in 2007; released on PS2 in 2008)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (released on PS3 in 2007)
- Secret Agent Clank (released on PSP in 2008; released on PS2 in 2009)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (released on PSN in 2008)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (released on PS3 in 2009)